Updated: October 12, 2017
Free Food / Water:
- Amy’s Drive Thru in Rohnert Park: offering free meals to those evacuated. If you choose to pay for a evacuees meal, 100% of that money will be donated to help in the aids effort. (10/10/17 3:30pm)
- Nopalito (10/10/17): offering free burritos from 11-3
- McGuires is offering free food
- Mystic Theatre/McNears (10/10/17): Serving Breakfast 9-11, Serving Lunch-soup and sandwiches from 12-3, Serving Dinner from 5-8. They can deliver or make meals to go. Contact them directly at 707-765-2121
- Sauced BBQ Restaurant (10/10/17): Serving free food from 9-4, offering place to rest and view TV
- Sweet Zone (10/10/17): Offering free Gelato
- Quinua Restaurant (10/10/17): Offering free lunch
- Lagunitas, Tap Room (10/10/17): Giving away free water- bring containers and they will fill them
- The Drawing Board (10/10/17): Offering food delivery to those in need, plus a special menu for firefighters and victims.
Free WiFi / Computers:
- Comcast (10/10/17) FREE Internet/Comcast/Xfinity: Removed restrictions and opened their WiFi hotspots for all to use through Fri. 10/13 Log in as “Guest”.
- Copperfield’s Books Petaluma: Free wifi, allows dogs, water, stickers & crayons for children
- Mystic Theatre/McNears/The Roaring Donkey (10/10/17): Offering laptops for fire victims to use if they need to get a hold of their financial institutions or family. Ask for Sierra Bradley.
- Roaring Donkey has laptops set up and WiFi and chargers for people, as needed.
Free Health / Wellness:
- Petaluma Swim Center (10/10/17): Offering showers 8:30-10:30 am and 3:00-5:30 pm today. (Soap, Shampoo and Towels provided)
- Synergy Health Club (10/10/17): Offering free showers plus towels to those in need. Also a place to relax with couches and TV.
Health Clinics in Sonoma Co:
- Russian River Health Center, 16319 3rd St., Guerneville
- Occidental Health Center, 3802 Main St., Occidental
- Petaluma Health Center (Pharmacy on site), 1179 N. Mcdowell Blvd, Petaluma
- Petaluma Health center Rohnert State Farm Drive, 2nd Floor, Rohnert Park
- Kaiser Rohnert Park Campus, 5900 State Farm Drive, Rohnert Park
- Brookwood Health Center, 983 Sonoma Ave, Santa Rosa
- Roseland Pediatrics, 711 Stony Point Road, Santa Rosa
- Southwest Community Health Center (Pharmacy on site), 751 Lombardi Ct., Ste B, Santa Rosa
- Sebastopol Community Health Center, 6800 Palm Ave., Sebastopol
- Gravenstein Community Health Center 652 Petaluma Ave. Suite H, Sebastopol
- Updated daily Air Quality in Your Area
- Get masks called a “particulate respirator” with either “N95” or “P100” printed on it. These are sold at many hardware and home repair stores and pharmacies.
Locate Missing Person / Mark Safe:
- Check-in for missing persons and loved ones to find each other (still hundreds of people reported missing)
- Facebook Crisis Response Safety Check-In
Pets / Animal Shelters:
- Napa County Animal Shelter at 942 Hartle Ct, Napa will shelter dogs, cats, rabbits and other household animals
- Sonoma County Fairgrounds at 1350 Bennett Valley Road. (Open for large- and medium-sized livestock and farm animals) Access the Fairgrounds via Gate 7 on Aston Ave and Sonoma- Marin Fairgrounds at 175 Fairgrounds Drive in Petaluma
- Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds (open to accommodate small livestock and other farm animals), access via Gate 4 on 175 Fairgrounds Dr (Petaluma)
- Napa FFA – Vintage High School Farm is taking livestock in Napa County. The address is 1185 Sierra Ave, Napa or they will pick up animals. Students are working around the clock caring for over 200 displaced animals.
- Mendocino County Animal Shelter, 298 Plant Rd, Ukiah
- Blue Ribbon Pets, 76 Mazzoni St, Ukiah
- Dickson Ranch in Woodacre is taking horses: ATTN FIRE EVACUEES! We can help – If you need to evacuate! Call 415-488-0454 or call Call Leah Jane Oberfelder if you are in St Helena/ Calistoga area! 415-272-4110
- Petaluma Animal Shelter (10/10/17) – Snuggle Shuttle @ Petaluma Community Center at Luchessi Park 707-778-7387 Offering pet food, water, boarding, and lost and found pet information.
- Strong’s Second Chance Ranch (10/10/17): Offering to home horses, can message on Facebook
- Chanslor Ranch – Bodega Bay, Offering free beds and campsite. Kid and pet-friendly. 707-875-2721
- Sonoma Humane Society – 5345 Highway 12 West, Santa Rosa. Taking in animals for boarding, lost & found animals. No cost vet treatment for burn victims, owned or stray animals affected by fires. Open 8-5 daily.
- Unleashed Dog Training for boarding and if you need a place to hang. Call at 707-763-9882
- Marin Humane Society offering free boarding
- Misc animal issues: Anyone encountering animal-related issues can call 707-565-4406. This number will be available 24/7 until further notice. Donations can also be made through this line. Please be prepared to share information about the number of animals, type of animals, address and location for the animals, and any information about the families associated with the animals, if known.
- Better Homes and Gardens in Sebastopol will give you a cup of coffee and WiFi and you can charge your phone. 186 Main St. Sebastopol. Come on over!
Fire Evac Updates and Info / Active Fire Maps and Road closures:
- Fire map and road closures for Napa area.
- Information on road closures in Sonoma.
- Information from CHP on road closures in your area.
- CALFIRE Latest Updates on highway conditions.
- Follow @CalFire on Twitter for Updates
- Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office Facebook updates
- Nixle Cell phone Updates
Original Post: October 9, 2017
Waking up this morning in Redwood City, I was alarmed by the smoky smell and red hue to the sky. I immediately Googled where the fire was coming from and was surprised to learn it was nearly 80 miles away in my hometown of Napa and in Sonoma County. Fortunately my loved ones and family are currently all safe. However, some of my friends and many others have had to evacuate their homes. Many people in the region have already lost everything to this fire.
In hopes of providing some assistance during this difficult time, we’ve assembled this list of resources to help connect people with what they may need to safely navigate through the crisis and help others do the same.
Facebook Crisis Response Safety Check-In
California Updated Fire Map
CAL Fire: Valley Fire Updates and Info
Redcross Emergency Preparedness & Response Info
RedCross Pep for Emergency Mobile App
Wildfire Preparedness Tips
Fire Information Line: 707-967-4207
Breathing Safely Around Wildfires
Wildfire Evacuation Prep
Create a Defensible Space
Hardening Your Home
Make a Supply Kit
Make an Emergency Action Plan
What to Do if You Become Trapped